- Finding a markets and indicators that fit your personality.
- Technical analysis in the currency pairs, S&P 500, and bond markets.
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/faithmight
- “Trade all the markets at first to see which ones resonate with your personality, your indicators, and your schedule. Then narrow it down…” 2:40
We have an amazing guest for the show today her name is Lydia Finkley. She is the CIO at FM Capital Group and she specializes in Forex Markets…specifically the British Pound and the major FX Pairs.
She explained to us why she believes traders should start out by focusing on one market or product, and really master it before moving to other markets. She also discusses how the central banks are really the only fundamental influencer right now when it comes to trading currencies.
We talk about the post Brexit currency trading environment, and she gives us her take on the technical levels she is watching in the Pound and other currency pairs. She goes on to tell us why she sees a rally in the pound before they make new lows.
It was great hearing from a top currency trader and successful entrepreneur like Lydia she gave us great insight on her journey to become a trader and how she approaches her day to day strategy. Thank you for listening, I hope you enjoy the show!Biggest Takeaways:
- She believes you should specialize in one market first, then venture out to other markets.
- Explains why the central banks determine the fundamental landscape when trading currencies.
- Simple currency trends that she sees with negative interest rates.
- How she is trading the pound after the Brexit.
- Predicts the pound rallying before it puts in new lows.
- Important technical levels, and what she watches in her process when trading currency pairs.
- Favorite Book About Trading:
- Trading for a living.
- Favorite Movie About Trading:
- The Big Short.
- Best Advice Ever Received About Trading:
- Learn how to look at charts yourself.
- Advice to Give to Others About Trading:
- Find your market, instrument, pair, etc. Narrow your focus, then go broader.
- Don’t confuse the Brexit event for the outright pounds weakness.
- I anticipate a rally in the pound before new lows going forward.