Lisa Ward Co-Founder of #OOTT & TankerTrackers.com
Record Date: 5/11/17
Today I spoke to a woman who got started in futures through and friend and curiosity. She went on YouTube to start learning and got hooked! She then started trading for herself and eventually met Sam Madani through Twitter and together they co-founded the hashtag #OOTT and Tanker Trackers.com, Her name is Lisa Ward. [bctt tweet="#FuturesRadio 'Tanker Trackers will soon include more world coverage, facts, features, figures, and the where-abouts of different tankers around the world" username="Lisa_Ward1990"] Today Lisa and I chatted about the development of Tanker Trackers and how their free site has given oil traders tremendous insight and transparency in the supply and demand of oil markets. Lisa tells us about the ambiguous production numbers she has been seeing in the Russia and Iraq oil reports. Lisa talked to us about how China drastically increased their oil storage and exports in just one month. Finally, she explains what she’ll be monitoring on TankerTrackers.com and OOTT coming up to the next Opec Meeting on May 25th. I had a lot of fun speaking with Lisa today, I love her passion for tracking the flow of crude oil and refined products to give traders a clearer view of supply vs demand. I know you will enjoy hearing from her today.
- What Lisa is looking to add to TankerTrackers.com to help traders interpret and predict global oil storage numbers.
- The ambiguous production numbers that Lisa see’s in Russia’s and Iraq’s oil reports. How tanker trackers can predict more reasonable numbers.
- What she monitors before the opec meetings. How China drastically increased their oil storage and exports in one month.
- How has your trading evolved?
- She started watching levels and news. Now she follows more fundamentals.
- The moment trading just clicked for you?
- 1 source you spend your time on?
- Tanker Trackers and Marine Traffic. She uses gvnt and EIA website.
- Favorite Book About Trading:
- Favorite Movie About Trading:
- Best Advice Ever Received About Trading:
- Never rush into a trade. Never trade aggressively. Some of the best trade is the no trade.
- Advice to Give to Others About Trading:
- Look at all different resources. A lot of people are biased. Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Learn from your mistakes. Always use stops.
- If you weren’t a trader you’d be what?
- “Tanker Trackers will soon include more world coverage, facts, features, figures, and the whereabouts of different tankers around the world…” 10:05
- “We’ve began to notice strangely inflated production numbers in Russia’s and Iraq’s oil figures…”11:30