Chief Market Strategist at TD Ameritrade
Recorded on: 9/6/16
Today we have a returning guest, he is the chief market strategist at TD Ameritrade, and author of the upcoming book Essential Option Strategies. His name is JJ Kinahan.
Today, JJ reminds us how important it is to get educated, and learn what type of trader or investor you want to be before diving into the business. We also discuss the current market, and what traders can do in this slow environment.
Finally, JJ and I explain how a professional will scale into their positions, and how they trade in partials when price fluctuates.
We had a great discussion that any trader or investor can learn from. Thank you for listening. Please enjoy the episode!
- How traders can adapt to this slow market environment.
- Insight on how pro’s scale into trades.
- Why stock traders should be watching the bond and treasuries market.
- The importance of knowing what type of trader/investor you are.
- Getting your education before diving in.
- Understanding how to trade around a core position.
Answers to the 4 rapid fire questions at the end of the show:
- Favorite Book About Trading:
- Options as a Strategic Investment, and Essential Options Strategies
- Favorite Movie About Trading:
- Trading Places
- Best Advice Ever Received About Trading:
- Trade small, it won’t be too emotional.
- Advice to Give to Others About Trading:
- When you get your chance, be the hardest worker.
New Book: http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-1119263336.html
- Price movement should be your friend.