Founder and Portfolio Manager at Movement Capital
Record Date: 6/11/18[embed]https://youtu.be/iCq8WpztMk0[/embed] Listen on —> iTunes Listen on —> SoundCloud
- Misinterpretation of CoT Data
- Trading using CoT Data
- U.S. 10 YR Treasuries
- Term Structure
- Snapshot of CoT Positioning
Futures Radio is a weekly talk show hosted by 18-year futures veteran and CME member Anthony Crudele, an ex-pit trader and one of the first to trade the E-Mini S&P. Each week Anthony talks with traders, CEOs, and other proven market participants about relevant trading and investing information.
Traders,Today I spoke to a man who started trading option spreads in college. He took an internship at a hedge fund and his job was to interpret the Commitment of Traders data. He then opened up a firm called movement capital. His name is Adam Collins. [bctt tweet="#FuturesRadio 'Success as a trader is directly tied to 3 things, time horizon, account size, and leverage" username="movement_cap"] I asked Adam about the 3 Free trader tool websites that he created proving COT data, seasonal commodity trends, and analysis on the most common technical indicators. We had a great discussion on Systematic vs. Discretionary trading and the importance of treating trading like a business. I asked Adam how he uses trader positioning in his strategy and how traders can overcome paralysis by analysis when trading the S&P. Finally, Adam tells us why he thinks your success is tied to 3 things, time horizon, account size, and leverage. Adam is an extremely bright guy who understands trading and markets very well. It was a pleasure to discuss these important topics with him. Thank you all for listening, please enjoy this episode.
- Systematic v. Discretionary trading. Why he believes that people starting out should learn a systematic trading style, but should create a good hybrid between systematic and discretionary.
- Treat trading and investing like a business, have enough capital, and have a plan to execute. It’s why most people fail at it.
- How he uses trader positioning in his strategy. He created the website called free COT data.com that uniquely shows how traders and producers are positioned in the market.
- His take on analysis paralysis and why he developed the website simple stock model .com. It’s a website that aggregates the most popular types of indicators and creates a composite score to gain a bullish or bearish sentiment on the overall market.
- Why he thinks your success as a trader is directly tied to 3 things, time horizon, account size, and leverage.
- The moment trading clicked?
- Day one at the hedge fund. I realized how smart people on the other side of your trade are.
- 1 source you spend your time on?
- Favorite Book About Trading:
- Fooled by Randomness
- Favorite Movie About Trading:
- Rogue Trader: Nick Gleason
- Best Advice Ever Received About Trading:
- Lean towards systematic. Don’t blow up, get foundational knowledge, then you can get creative.
- Advice to Give to Others About Trading:
- Slow down and don’t think you need to know everything at once. Specialize in one market and branch off.
- If you weren’t a trader you’d be what?
- Front end web development.
- Website: https://freecotdata.com/
- Website: https://www.simplestockmodel.com/
- Website: https://commodityseasonality.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/movement_cap
- “You’ve got to treat trading and investing like a business, because it is one. Have enough capital, and a plan to execute your process…”6:00
- "Success as a trader is directly tied to 3 things, time horizon, account size, and leverage..." 12:05